Xaml UnityConfiguration for Silverlight

Oct 2, 2009 at 3:30 PM
Edited Oct 2, 2009 at 3:49 PM

I would like to know if there is any chance for UnityConfiguration for silverlight in the upcomming Unity application block. It would be very usefull to have the same functionality provided by the xml ConfigurationSection implementation but in xaml. I think it will be much more simple approach.  This does not have to use System.Configuration (which is missing in silverlight) and will provide simmilar functionality as the Modulecatalog for prism. A container configured from a resource uri. 

I would like to hear your thoughts about it

Thanks in advance

Oct 3, 2009 at 4:44 AM

It's been in the back of my mind for a while, but didn't percolate high enough (or even get suggested) in our customer surveys to make the cut for this version.

That being said, that'd be a great community project. Care to give it a try? The Unity configuration stuff now doesn't do anything special; it just calls the public api. So you'd just need to write a XAML friendly object model that can do the same thing: call the Unity API.

Oct 5, 2009 at 9:47 AM

Hi Chris,

thanks for your straightforward response. I believe this is a great idea for a community project here in codeplex. I am willing to start asap, but will appreciate your assistance and guidance in the process as well as naming conventions and namespaces. (Should I keep the namespaces intact?)

- Constantinos

Apr 23, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Hi Chris,

I know it has been a while since I said I would open a community project here in codeplex that would host the missing UnityConfiguration in silverlight. The truth is I did not have the time from my work. Now I have my own company and managed to create Sonic.Net. If you find the time to download I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks again for your inspiration.