PRISM - compiling with latest Unity Source

Aug 5, 2009 at 12:16 PM

Hi Chris,

I plugged the latest source for Unity into the CompositeWPF/PRISM and the following is the only change I had to make to compile - I remarked out BuildFailedException.

Is there something I should be doing to compensate for the change(s) or is this okay?

/// <summary>
/// Registers in the <see cref="IUnityContainer"/> the <see cref="Type"/> of the Exceptions
/// that are not considered root exceptions by the <see cref="ExceptionExtensions"/>.
/// </summary>
protected virtual void RegisterFrameworkExceptionTypes()

//    typeof(Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.BuildFailedException));

Aug 6, 2009 at 5:42 AM

You'll probably want to ask the Prism folks this question; I'm not familiar with their internals (yet).

I'll ping them and get back to you.

Aug 7, 2009 at 12:19 AM

Since the BuildFailedException is no longer in Unity 2.0 you should be fine in removing it from this method in the Prism code.  This functionality is largely to help expose root-cause errors if the underlying container produced an exception by pulling up inner error info that for these registered exception types.  In fact, we may be able to remove the ResolutinFailedException skipping as the exception returned from Unity 2.0 should provide a lot clearer information.

Aug 7, 2009 at 4:29 PM

@brumfb, thanks!  I quote you in my WEBCAST where I demonstrate the new error handling capabilities.

My compliments to the chef(s)!   Very, very powerful and promises to save me a lot of time.