Could not load type 'singleton'

Aug 3, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Hi all, I'm getting the following error when trying to resolve type "IRepositoryFactory":

Could not load type 'singleton' from assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.Unity.Configuration, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.

configSection:

<section name="unity" type="Microsoft.Practices.Unity.Configuration.UnityConfigurationSection, Microsoft.Practices.Unity.Configuration, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />

Unity section in config:

<unity>
    <containers>
      <container>
        <types>
          <type type="Infrastructure.DomainFramework.Repositories.IRepositoryFactory, Infrastructure.DomainFramework.Repositories"
                mapTo="ZZZ.ContentManagement.DomainAccess.NHibernate.NHibernateRepositoryFactory, ZZZ.ContentManagement.DomainAccess.NHibernate">
            <lifetime type="singleton" />
          </type>
        </types>
      </container>
    </containers>
  </unity>

code:

IRepositoryFactory factory = Unity.Container.Resolve<IRepositoryFactory>();

This is running in a TestProject, .NET 3.5, latest version of Unity.

Any ideas?

Aug 4, 2009 at 3:13 AM

You should have defined the "singleton" alias by adding

<typeAlias alias="singleton" type="Microsoft.Practices.Unity.ContainerControlledLifetimeManager, Microsoft.Practices.Unity" />

in the <typeAliases> section outside the <containers> section.  Or, you could specify the full type name in the type attribute of the lifetime element.

<lifetime type="Microsoft.Practices.Unity.ContainerControlledLifetimeManager, Microsoft.Practices.Unity" />

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com

Aug 4, 2009 at 8:41 AM

Ah. I didn't understand that from the source-schema explanation, though now I can see it is implicitly shown.

Many thanks

-j