[UWP][Blend] Error when editing Xaml in Blend for VS 2015 RC when App.xaml has a dependency on Microsoft.Practices.Unity 3.5.1

Jun 2, 2015 at 8:23 PM
I am using MVVM techniques in a UWP (Windows 10) application. In my App.xaml file I create an instance of my ContainerBootstrapper class in App.Resources, which uses Unity as the Inversion of Control container. My Xaml files (which are in an external universal class library that I reference) bind to that resource as the DataContext.

I can rebuild the solution without a problem in Blend. However, when I try to edit the Xaml in the designer (which will cause the App.xaml resources to be instantiated, and should provide me with design-time data), I get the following error:

"Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.Unity, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

Note that I am using the preview version of Unity (3.5.1405-prerelease), installed using the following command in the Package Manager Console:

install-package Unity -pre

Here is my environment: I'm running on Windows 10 10074 and using VS 2015 RC (and Blend for that release). I'm running that in a Hyper-V virtual machine running on Windows 8.1 Pro (on a MacBook Pro running Bootcamp).
Jun 3, 2015 at 2:29 AM
I believe I've figured this out. I believe this is a Blend issue rather than a Unity issue. I added an answer to the original forum where I posted this issue:

Marked as answer by xiard on 6/2/2015 at 7:29 PM