Needs some helps in using Unity RegionManager in some strange scenario.

Aug 22, 2011 at 2:11 AM

Hi, all

I am new to the Unity and prism, and trying to use it in my project but encounter some problems in a strange scenario.

Here is the scenario.

1. Our project is only to develop a tab page (All functionalities will be on this tab page) as part of a complex hospital application.
  2. The tab page is a desktop wpf control. (User control with the implementation some tab control framework developed by our framework team.)
  3. The tab page will be activate from the top level framework, which is out of our control.
  4. There is no shell at all.

Here is the usage of Prism.

1. I tried to use Unity frame work to do the dependency injections.
  2. I can manage to use bootstrapper to register most of types.
  3. I can get the modulemanager to initialize.

Here is the problem.

1. Since there is no shell at all, and the RegionManager cannot be set to the tab page (my main wpf control)  I designed, which in turn, I cannot inject any views to the region which I define in the tabpage. the modual is initialized ok, but there is no regionmanager can be used.
  2. I try to create a regionmanager, but it cannot be attached to the main user control. so even I can invoke regionviewwithregion successfully if I create a region myself, the view won't be displayed.

Is there any alternative that I can use the RegionManager to link to my first control, and then inject the views later on? How to do it? 

Thanks a lot.

Aug 22, 2011 at 6:27 AM

You can also try to ask this over Prism Forum so you can have a wider audience.

Aug 22, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Good idea, daaberkads. Thank you.