Docs and examples for Unity Release

Mar 12, 2008 at 9:56 PM
With the upcoming release of Unity, and its integration with EntLib4, I was wondering what to expect in terms of improved docs and examples. Is this a priority item or will there be only small changes?

The reason I ask is that my team needs to make a firm commitment to either Unity or spring pretty quickly. Spring is more mature and has ample docs and examples around the web, but we would all rather stay with a MS solution if possible. However, I'm not sure that is possible, unless there is a sizable improvement in the docs/examples.

I really like Unity and hope we get to use it for this project.

On a related note, I'm really surprised at how little attention Unity is drawing. These boards are not 1/10 as active as I had hoped they would be. Is there some Unity site/board I am missing? Does anyone have any thoughts about why this may be?

Thanks
Mar 13, 2008 at 3:43 AM
We will have much better docs and samples when we ship the final release. It is not as hot right now... I am sure it will once the full release is out. The changes that we are making are not breaking and todays drop should be pretty darn close (that is purely a technical term). The API is frozen unless a showstopper comes along.
Mar 13, 2008 at 4:32 AM
Thanks, that is good to know.