Source Schema for the Unity Application Block 2.0

Sep 13, 2010 at 1:29 PM

Hi

I am looking for Source Schema of the Unity Application Block 2.0. if any one have then please provide me.

Also in Unity 1.2 schema we had The typeConfig element which specifies general configuration for a type/name combination. This tag is not available with Unity 2.0 schema. if anyone know the replacement of this tag then please let me know.   

Thanks

Roopesh   

Sep 13, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Are you asking for an XSD for the config file? It's installed when you install the MSI; by default it ends up in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio <your VS version here>\Xml\Schemas.

There is no replacement for typeConfig - it's just gone. The things that were previously contained in <typeConfig> elements are now direct children of the <register> element.

Is the new configuration documentation (starting here), and the "Reusing Configuration Files Based on a Previous Schema" topic insufficient to answer this?

Jul 12, 2011 at 7:42 PM

Like a lot of people, I now add Unity to my projects by using NuGet.

I will still install the whole Unity msi on my machine so I can get the XSD, but that's the only reason I am installing it. It would be useful if there was a Visual Studio extension that added the XSD.

I did install the Enterprise Library Config extension, but that did NOT do the trick like I would have expected it to. I mean, even if there isn't a config GUI for Unity, the least they could do is make add the XSD so that the low-level GUI -- i.e. the XML text editor -- has some smarts.

Nov 8, 2011 at 6:48 PM
Edited Nov 8, 2011 at 6:52 PM

I also cannot find the XSD file anywhere.  I've installed using NuGet, then installed the full version. Neither have supplied an XSD file.  Could someone please post their version of the 2.1 XSD somewhere?

Cancel that.  Found the file called  UnityConfiguration20.xsd