Microsoft Unity 2.0 for Silverlight - April 2010 Release
Welcome to the final release of Microsoft Unity 2.0 for Silverlight!
This document contains a brief summary of Microsoft Unity 2.0 for Silverlight, including late-breaking information that is not included in the main documentation. Additional information and bug fixes delivered after release are available on the
Unity Community site
and on the
Unity MSDN site
This major release of Unity for Silverlight contains compelling new features and updates that will make developers more productive. These include:
- A simplified API for static factories
- Additional types of lifetime manager
- Deferred resolution (automatic factories)
The detailed change log is available
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows® 7 Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate; Windows Server 2003 R2; Windows Server 2008 with Service Pack 2; Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows Vista with Service Pack 2, or Windows XP with Service Pack 3.
- Microsoft® Silverlight™ 3 or Microsoft Silverlight 4.
For a rich development environment
, the following are recommended:
- Microsoft Visual Studio® 2008 Development System with Service Pack 1 (any edition) or Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Development System (any edition).
- Microsoft Silverlight3 Tools for Visual Studio 2008 SP1 or Visual Studio 2010, or Microsoft Silverlight 4 Tools for Visual Studio 2010
To run the unit tests
, the following are also required:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Professional, Visual Studio 2008 Team Edition, Visual Studio 2010 Premium, Visual Studio 2010 Professional, or Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate edition.
- Moq v3.1 assemblies.
If these dependencies are not met, you may not be able to use certain features of Unity.
The following learning resources are recommended:
Microsoft would appreciate feedback on any issues found, or any other general comments on this release.
To report a bug, use online
. Other feedback or questions can be posted on the
Unity Codeplex forum
For the most current list of known issues, click