Microsoft Unity 2.0 - April 2010 Release
Welcome to the final release of Microsoft Unity 2.0!
This document contains a brief summary of Microsoft Unity 2.0, including late-breaking information that is not included in the main documentation. Additional information and bug fixes delivered after release are available on the Unity Community site
and on the Unity MSDN site
This major release of Unity contains many compelling new features and updates that will make developers more productive. These include:
- Streamlined configuration schema
- A simplified API for static factories and interception
- The capability to add interface implementation through interception
- Additional types of lifetime manager
- Deferred resolution (automatic factories)
- A reduction in the total number of assemblies
The detailed change log is available here
- Supported architectures: x86 and x64.
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows® 7 Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate; Windows Server 2003 R2; Windows Server 2008 with Service Pack 2; Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows Vista with Service Pack 2; or Windows XP with Service Pack 3.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 with Service Pack 1 or Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.
For a rich development environment
, the following are recommended:
- Microsoft Visual Studio® 2008 Development System with Service Pack 1 (any edition) or Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Development System (any edition).
To run the unit tests
, the following are also required:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Professional, Visual Studio 2008 Team Edition, Visual Studio 2010 Premium, Visual Studio 2010 Professional, or Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate edition.
- Moq v3.1 assemblies.
If these dependencies are not met, you may not be able to use certain features of Unity.
The following learning resources are recommended:
Microsoft would appreciate feedback on any issues found, or any other general comments on this release.
To report a bug, use online Issue Tracker
. Other feedback or questions can be posted on the Unity Codeplex forum
For the most current list of known issues, click here