XAP module with sound file

Jan 20, 2010 at 11:30 PM

Can somebody please help me to figure out the following problem?

I developed a simple Silverlight 3 PRISM application with 3 Modules (ModuleSL1, ModuleSL2 and ModuleSL3). My modules are Silverlight 3 projects so when you build them you get .XAP file for each of the modules. I am able to load these 3 modules on 3 different regions (region1, region2, region3) in my Shell application.  Everything works great so far…

I went ahead and added background music (mp3 sound files) to each of my modules and added a button to each module to activate / deactivate music.  

Here is the final situation:

When I run my application (Ctrl + F5) on my computer everything runs great.

Posted the application to my production server (which is accessible from internet)

The application runs without any issues on the intranet but when I try to access  my application from internet I am getting the following error on the web browser:

throw new Error("Unhandled Error in Silverlight Application Failed to load type for module ModuleSL1. Error was: .   at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Modularity.ModuleManager.HandleModuleTypeLoadingError(ModuleInfo moduleInfo, Exception exception)\n   at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Modularity.ModuleManager.OnModuleTypeLoaded(ModuleInfo typeLoadedModuleInfo, Exception error)\n   at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Modularity.XapModuleTypeLoader.OnDownloadCompleted(Object o, DownloadCompletedEventArgs e)\n   at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Modularity.FileDownloader.WebClient_OpenReadCompleted(Object sender, OpenReadCompletedEventArgs e)\n   at System.Net.WebClient.OnOpenReadCompleted(OpenReadCompletedEventArgs e)\n   at System.Net.WebClient.OpenReadOperati  onCompleted(Object arg)");

Same error for the other 2 modules (ModuleSL2 and ModuleSL3)…

Production Server :Windows 7 Professional with IIS 7 running

XAP file content:

ModuleNameSpace.dll, Background_Music.mp3, AppManifest.xaml, Microsoft.Practices.Composite.dll, Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Presentation.dll, Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation.dll, System.Windows.Controls.dll

Jan 21, 2010 at 6:40 AM

You should ask this over on the Prism forum; I don't see Unity anywhere in your stack trace there, so I doubt it's a container problem.