NuGet package for Universal Apps

Apr 29, 2014 at 2:19 PM
Is there a timeframe for updates to provide a NuGet package that can be used with Universal apps?
Apr 29, 2014 at 3:57 PM
Edited Apr 29, 2014 at 4:57 PM
Just read back and found the post about the 3.5 PCL. Will give that a try.
Apr 29, 2014 at 5:08 PM
Ran into same problem as discussed in Issue #12754 Specifically, can't add NuGet package for Window Phone 8.1 Application project portion of the Universal app.
May 2, 2014 at 5:14 AM
Thanks for the feedback. As you discovered it's on the issue list, the team is aware of the issue and there are plans to fix. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what the time frame is right now. I'll update this thread if I get any additional information.

~~
Randy Levy
entlib.support@live.com
Enterprise Library support engineer
Support How-to
Jan 21, 2015 at 8:00 AM
I'd really like this fixed also, seems like we get these great articles on how to use the Microsoft Practices with Prism etc, then when we try to actually use it, run into a major problem can't do the phone app side at all? Seems crazy
Jan 31, 2015 at 6:13 AM
I'll ditto this. I'm coming back to an app I put on the shelf until Universal was ready. I believe everything I need is there now (e.g., Prism, Data Storage, Telerik, etc.) -- everything - except this library. I empathize with the time required for side projects but, still disappointed :( I'll be rooting for you :)
Feb 11, 2015 at 9:14 PM
I have downloaded the pre-release (3.5.1405-prerelease) and it appears to be working fine for all the places I'm using it. Is there a date on when this goes to stable state so I can release mine?
Coordinator
Feb 18, 2015 at 9:03 PM
Unfortunately, we don't have any plans to make the actual release.
I'm hoping to have some concrete statements (this month) about our plans moving forward.
Feb 20, 2015 at 12:36 AM
@bennage, That statement is a little worrying. I'm I reading between the lines correctly, that Unity for Universal Apps is on the cards to never be supported? Can you please be a specific as possible so I can start preparing for alternate solutions if that's the case.
Coordinator
Feb 24, 2015 at 1:07 AM
@Allann Sorry for the delay, there is no plan to release Unity for Universal Apps. We'll be publishing what our plans and reasons are shortly (hopefully within the next couple of weeks). I'll be sure to post in the forum once our plans are published.
Feb 24, 2015 at 3:31 PM
Wow, need to switch to other library for my project then. Started to use pre-release version also, hoped it would be released soon.