Unity 3.5 PCL Preview - your feedback is invited!

Coordinator
Apr 11 at 3:57 PM
Edited Apr 11 at 4:45 PM
Greetings!

We have shipped a preview of Unity 3.5 nuget packages via myget. With this release, our primary goal is to simplify cross-platform development of apps and services. The preview includes the following:
Note, that the Registration by convention feature needed to be pulled out in a separate dll to provide platform-specific implementations.

How to get involved?
1) Try it, discuss it, provide us your feedback

2) Spread the news and help amplify the message
3) Improve Unity by sending a pull request

~Grigori
Coordinator
May 15 at 9:16 PM
If any one is interested in support for Windows Phone 8.1, we now have a pre-release available:
https://www.nuget.org/packages/Unity/3.5.1405-prerelease
Jun 4 at 12:15 AM
Edited Jun 4 at 12:17 AM
If I'll prepare working port to Silverlight 5/PCL with Silverlight 5 support, is it possible, that it will be merged or it won't be even reviewed?
Coordinator
Jun 4 at 12:31 AM
It's definitely possible. I'll check with our team about the impact it would have on our test surface.
You'll also need to sign a CLA if you haven't done so already.
Coordinator
Jun 4 at 4:36 PM
We're interested in this pull request. We'd really like it if it included unit tests for the platform. We suspect that will take some platform specific code.
Jun 7 at 12:58 AM
I'm waiting for my employer to sign CLA (I hope that it will be done today). Besides of this I want to do a little clean up of my work.
Now I have working PCL Unity assembly with Silverlight 5 support and separate Silverlight 5 versions of Unity.Interceptors and Unity.RegistrationByConvention. Also I created Silverlight test assembly where I added all appropriate tests. For restoring Silverlight 5 support I've taken some sources from Unity 2.1 Silverlight version.
I still have some questions about some decisions for SL compatibility. What will be better - discuss them in this thread or create new thread for it?
Editor
Jun 7 at 3:23 AM
I would say start a new thread dedicated to Silverlight.
Jun 21 at 10:57 AM
Are there plans on making Unity.Interception a PCL? It would be nice to hear the plans on this assembly. Thank you!
Editor
Jun 22 at 4:42 AM
No, I don't believe there are any plans right now; some of the interception approaches (e.g. MarshalByRefObject) are not supported in PCL.

~~
Randy Levy
entlib.support@live.com
Enterprise Library support engineer
Support How-to
Coordinator
Jun 23 at 4:25 PM
Randy is correct, Unity.Interception as a PCL is not currently on our roadmap.
Tue at 6:32 PM
Hi,

I have messing with this pre release of Unity and I have had many blockers. One of them is the fact I need to have my Views and ViewModels all in the same dll.

I have the need to have multiple dlls and and each of them need to have their own set of Views and VIewModels. Is there a way to do this currently?

If yes can you provide some guidance in how to do so? I am keen to get this to work.

Many thanks
Seb
Editor
Wed at 3:34 AM
Edited Wed at 3:34 AM
Can you explain specifically what is blocking you?

Thanks.