Unity Configuration Editor

Mar 12, 2009 at 8:29 AM

Is there any configuration editor for Unity, like there are for all of the other application blocks?
If not, is there a .XSD file for schema validation somewhere? It would be great if the Enterprise Library included this.
I can't seem to find either.

Ricardo Peres
Mar 12, 2009 at 10:03 AM
Edited Mar 12, 2009 at 10:06 AM
Currently, there's no config editor for Unity, not sure if there will be in the next version.  If you want, you can log your feature request here for EntLib 5.  There's also no xsd file for entlib, see Chris Tavares' and Grigori Melnik's reply - http://entlib.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=10712

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology & Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
Mar 13, 2009 at 3:03 PM
I have a partial Unity schema that I extracted from the documentation - could post it here if you are interested.

Mar 13, 2009 at 4:19 PM
Hi, Serguei!

That would be fine! If you prefer, you can send it to my e-mail address: rjperes at hotmail dot com.

Mar 13, 2009 at 4:55 PM
I have just e-mailed the file to you - let me know if it does not make it through.

For the lack of a standard Unity config editor I was planning to develop one myself. Unfortunately I have not had time to get around that yet. The easiest way would be to use Xsd or XSDObjectGen to generate classes from the schema and then build a GUI on top of  it. The schema is work in progress, so use it on your own risk.

Good luck!
Mar 13, 2009 at 5:55 PM
There is a unity config schema available over at the Unity Contributions project.
Mar 13, 2009 at 6:15 PM
Edited Mar 13, 2009 at 9:47 PM
You sure? I have just taken a look at the files in the most recent change set (21766) - there are no any .xsd files there. Is it called something else?