AOP / Interception and Prism

Feb 1, 2009 at 2:56 PM
I'm studying AOP / Unity.Interception and noted that in the Prism package there is a Microsoft.Practices.Unity.Interception for the Desktop but not Silverlight - is this a sandbox limitation or is it incorporated in the single Silverlight\Microsoft.Practices.Unity.dll?   I'm taking the Multi-Targeting approach and am trying to minimize conditional statements but if it is a sandbox limitation would appreciate some possible work-arounds (being a newbie to interception).

Note: I am aware that the EntLib has PIAB but am opting to use Unity and create my own handlers to minimize dependencies.
Feb 1, 2009 at 6:40 PM
We have not ported the interception extension to Silverlight. Quite honestly, we ran out of time / resources to do the work. I know that the Transparent Proxy / Real Proxy stuff we use is not supported on Silverlight, but haven't done the investigation yet to see what else is missing.

PIAB is just a wrapper around Unity interception now, so that unfortunately won't help either.

Feb 2, 2009 at 12:52 AM
No worries - I think it is amazing to have Unity in Silverlight (Prism)!!!!  Appreciate everything you are able to give us!!! 
Mar 7, 2011 at 9:18 PM

We've posted our first drop of Unity Interception for Silverlight. Take a look, provide feedback.

Mar 22, 2011 at 12:56 AM

In addition, see a screencast and a demo on Channel9.

Mar 24, 2011 at 5:39 PM

Fantastic... Just downloaded the drop and added to my projects. Works great but I'm worried about overhead. For now I will only use it for monitoring and debugging. Is it possible to register and intercept a specific base class that will also intercept any class derived from it or do I have to register each class separately?

Thanks for sharing.

EK