"Extending Unity" Webcast is not available :(

Dec 5, 2008 at 10:27 AM
As posted on the Unity Webcast Demos page:

The "Extending the Microsoft Enterprise Library Unity Application Block Dependency Injection Container" webcast is listed on microsoft.com/events:

but trying to load it on the livemeeting site fails:

"The requested recording could not be viewed. The recording ID or key may be incorrect."

Can someone please look into this? It's been broken for five months! Thank you in advance.
Dec 5, 2008 at 4:51 PM
Edited Dec 5, 2008 at 4:52 PM
We've been looking into it for about 5 months now. Nobody is more pissed about this than I am. We've chased it just about up to the VP level. The only response we've gotten from the events team is "We'll get to your service request in the order it was recieved". I think that's their way of saying "It's gone, dude."

As such, there will be no more live webcasts from me anyway; there's no tech support anymore for doing them. We'll try to re-record it as a regular downloadable video, but it'll take a while to get the time, resources, and budget to redo it.
Dec 5, 2008 at 10:46 PM
Hi Chris,
Thank you for the prompt reply.

I feel your pain about dead end support, that's for sure.

In any case, the two other webcasts that are available are of incredible help, so thank you very much for those.

After reading written docs all day, it's nice to have some multimedia material to consume.

Hopefully your bad experiences with MS Events won't stop you from doing more of these in the future, perhaps in the style of channel9 or the asp.net team (who seem to be rolling their own videos).

On a side note, is there anyone I can contact at MS Events, as a customer, to try to push to get this resolved?

Best regards,