How to judge a type of instance registered

Nov 24, 2008 at 1:01 AM
I have a block of code like this (Container is unity container, SingletonDelegate is a delegate return new instance of type T)
   public Singleton<T>(SingletonDelegate<T> singletonDelete) 
   {
if (Container.ResolveAll<T>().Count() == 0)
        {
           Container.RegisterInstance<T>(singletonDelegate());
        }
        return Container.Resolve<T>();
   }
it works good in unity 1.1, but after i install the latest 1.2 version, ResolveAll() will always return 0 after any registeration.

I must add a instance name both in RegisterInstance<T> and Resolve<T>, so i don't know what has changed and it's very hard to understand the register and resolve logic here (spring.net seems to be much more easy, for no registeration will return null in resolve, but unity just throw exception in Resolve<Interface> and return a new instance in Resolve<Class>)
Nov 24, 2008 at 2:41 AM
Hi,

The ResolveAll method overloads only return types that you registered with a specified name. They do not return instances for any default (un-named) registration mappings.

See this : 
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd203234.aspx

For more info refer to the documentation.

Valiant Dudan
Global Technology and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com
Nov 24, 2008 at 1:46 PM
Is there a particular reason why you are not using the ContainerControlledLifetimeManager in Unity to create and manage singletons for you? Seems like it would simplify the code for you a great deal.

However, using your code above, just register and resolve everything using each type's name as opposed to a default instance. Something like:

Container.RegisterInstance<T>(typeof(T).Name, singleonDelegate());

and resolve using:

Container.Resolve<T>(typeof(T).Name);

This should allow your ResolveAll<T> to work since all your types will be registered using named instances.

Regards,

Dave
Patterns & Practices Guidance