Question from a real newbie

Jul 28, 2008 at 8:58 AM
Hi All!

I'm new to Unity Application Block. I did some research in the article but im still without correct answear. Can i use Unity App. Block to create an application which consists of some modules. Under modules i mean separated .dll files whose contains sub-features of the application like database connectivity, logging, user management and of course the main features aswell. I need this because i am developing a software which contains three main features and many sub-features. The main features will be sold separately. I need a framework or similar that can take care of all the roles that is necessary. For example: detect which modules are exists and load them, but do not fail to start if a sub-feature can not be reached (because that is not exists) but start without it (if that is not a necessary module) and dependency.

If Unity is not the thing what i need sorry for disturbing, but can anyone tell me that is there any framework i can use?

Thanks, Pistiee!
Jul 28, 2008 at 5:36 PM
Edited Jul 28, 2008 at 5:42 PM
Unity is very useful for wiring the modules together, but it not sufficient by itself to handle the module locating and loading process. You'll need to either find or build the additional infrastructure.

You might want to take a look at the recently released Composite WPF guidance. It builds a module loader on top of Unity (or any other DI container). The module loader chunk is independent of WPF, so you should be able to rip it out and reuse it.
Jul 28, 2008 at 6:40 PM
Sounds interesting and complex either but i will read more about the composite application block!

Thanks for your answear!