Where is Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common

Jul 26, 2008 at 10:08 PM
Stupid question.  Im just trying to get started using Unity.  For now, Im just trying to start using the Data Access Block stuff, and Im following a David Hayden screencast.  He has added in references to his project for Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data and Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.  I have installed multiple versions of Enterprise Library, including version 4.0, and when I chose add Reference in Visual Studio, neither of these libraries are present.  I see a ton of libraries starting with names like "Enterprise Library AppSetting Design"....... If I add all Enterprise Library references, the two above show up in my references list ... however, I cant include them in my "using" block and I cant sseem to get a reference to classes like EnterpriseLibraryCoreExtension.  What am I missing here?
Jul 26, 2008 at 11:25 PM
What's happening is that the "Add Reference" dialog is displaying the content of the [assembly:FileDescription] attribute instead of the filename. The goal was to provide a friendly name in Add References, but I guess it was too friendly.

Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.dll is in Add References as "Enterprise Library Shared Library". Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data is in there as "Enterprise Library Data Access Block." Add reference to these two and you'll see the right assemblies in your references list.