Unity 3.0 for .NET4.5 preview available now, provide feedback!

Oct 28, 2011 at 2:06 AM
Edited Oct 28, 2011 at 2:15 AM

That's right! We've released a preview of the port of Unity to .NET4.5. See my announcement here.

Note, this is for .NET4.5 developers only.

Get it while it's fresh from http://unity.codeplex.com/releases/view/75719

Please remember to provide feedback - either on the release page itself or by responding to this thread.

Thanks,

Grigori

Aug 14, 2012 at 1:54 AM
Edited Aug 14, 2012 at 1:54 AM

An updated port to .NET 4.5 Framework RTM is released.

Feb 11, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Great news, I've included the pre-release in a Javascript store app I'm working on.

Is there any guidance for usage in store apps? Ideally I'm looking for ideas of where to place my my type registration, how to ensure the type registration is called when the app starts and how to consume a winrt component which uses unity and constructor injection.

Any guidance or thoughts in this area would be greatly appreciated. I have a couple of things wired up but it's not ideal as I have it.
Feb 19, 2013 at 6:51 AM
I don't think there is any formal guidance. Usually you wire up the container in the Composition Root. For a Store App that looks to be the onactivated event.

~~
Randy Levy
entlib.support@live.com
Enterprise Library support engineer
Support How-to
Feb 19, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Hi Randy,

Thanks for the feedback I think that would have been my assumption that we needed to create and configure the container in JS rather than C# WinRT code as I can't think of a sensible way to instantiate a C# WinRT class in JS which requires constructor injection.

I can't seem to find any example code for usage in JS at all at the moment, is there anyone I can speak to / anywhere I should post this kind of question to hit the right audience?

Cheers,

Doug