March 24 (semi) weekly drop - Fail to recompile UnitySource

Mar 24, 2008 at 11:15 PM
Edited Mar 24, 2008 at 11:40 PM
Just got new version installed and reinstalled the Unity Source as well but getting some minor compiler errors on resources that are not presents or defined in ObjectBuilder2. Any files fogotten on source code installation?

The erros I get while compiling ObjectBuilder2 are the following:

Error 1 'Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.Properties.Resources' does not contain a definition for 'MustHaveOpenGenericType' C:\UnitySource\Src\ObjectBuilder\Strategies\BuildKeyMapping\GenericTypeBuildKeyMappingPolicy.cs 40 45 ObjectBuilder

Error 2 'Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.Properties.Resources' does not contain a definition for 'MustHaveSameNumberOfGenericArguments' C:\UnitySource\Src\ObjectBuilder\Strategies\BuildKeyMapping\GenericTypeBuildKeyMappingPolicy.cs 67 45 ObjectBuilder

In meanwhile I have added these two missing resource entries to ObjectBuilder2 resource file as workaround and got it compiled. So back to the coding and using new drop to see if all stuff written already is still working... ;-)

Regards,
Alexander
Mar 24, 2008 at 11:39 PM
There was apparently a minor issue when I was doing some offline work and didn't resync to our TFS repository correctly. Those resources got lost somehow. It looks like when VS tried to compile it regenerated the Resources class, and thus you got the error.

Rather than go through the whole code signing thing again, if you don't mind I'll just upload the fixed .resx file and attach it to the release. It's fixed in our internal repository now so it won't happen again.

Mar 24, 2008 at 11:42 PM
I got it recompiled by using the workaround above so no big deal here... can wait the next drop...

Regards,
Alexander