Prism 2.0 Compatiability Issues

Mar 19, 2010 at 11:51 PM
Edited Mar 19, 2010 at 11:52 PM

I am trying to upgrade a Prism 2 app I have to use the latest Unity and Enterprise Library, but apparently they are not compatiable. It appears that the ObjectBuilder2 class has been consumed by the Unity class and the ExceptionExtensions.RegisterFrameworkExceptionType(typeof(Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.BuildFailedException)); does not exist.

Will there be another Prism release that updates the Unity.Extensions to work with the latest Unity and EntLib?

Mar 20, 2010 at 6:30 PM

Yes there will be, but I have no idea of the timeline. Prism is a separate project with their own staff, priorities, and schedule. Please ask over on the Prism forum, they're more likely to have the answers.

Mar 22, 2010 at 12:39 AM

OK I also posted on the Prism boards as well, but so I am correct then and the 2 are not compatible at the moment then?

Mar 22, 2010 at 5:50 AM

You are correct. However, luckily the fix is to remove stuff that was working around issues with Unity 1.2 anyway (like the exception thing). We've had a few people already come up with fixes; it didn't take more than a couple of hours.

Mar 23, 2010 at 4:46 AM

Blaine, the PM for Prism, has just posted the official word on Prism and Unity 2 on his blog.